How Much Does A Mural Cost?
By now you are asking yourself how much does a custom mural cost? On this page we will walk your through the variable cost factors that determine the final price of a painted mural.
The Cost Factors
1. SIZE -
What is the size of the wall you want the mural painted on?
Size does matters, from a small wall of a room to an entire side of a 3-story building. This factor will allow us to estimate project time, equipment (boom lift, scissor life, scaffolding) and paint supplies.
2. COMPLEXITY -
What is the exact mural you want painted? Is it a one color graphic logo, a complex landscape / portrait or one of our custom designed wall murals?
Are you looking to have a complex realistic mural or just an simple one color graphic wall mural painted, these ranges help us in our estimate process. (two variables apply: project time and paint supplies)
3. LOCATION -
Where is the exact location of the wall mural? Is it 50ft high on the side of a building or is it located above a staircase?
Location matters, how high is the mural? Where is the access point to paint the custom wall mural?
4. SURFACE -
What is the substrate to be painted on? Concrete, Stucco, Brick, Drywall or Wood?
Wall surfaces play a big part in the the wall mural process, from wall prep, time to paint wall mural and what mediums will have the best results, oil paint, latex paint, spray paint, etc.
5. DESIGN -
Do you need a custom wall graphic mural, painted signage or one of a kind art mural?
We can create custom graphics, brands, logos, designs, and one of a kind art murals, wall murals or provide your own mural design, image, logo, landscape, portrait or art and we can replicate any custom wall mural, which will save you time and money.
Relatively sparse compositions and simple decorative designs are at the lower end of the spectrum, while murals with intricate detail and portraiture will cost more. Often a lot more goes into the making of a mural than people realize. While we work quickly, we don’t skip over the important steps like thorough client correspondence, proper wall preparation, and taking the time to make necessary design revisions (until it gets your approval!) That said, if you have a budget in mind, we can discuss what options are available for your budget. Additionally, we can sometimes accommodate for RUSH jobs- just ask!
When you receive a final quote from Vivache Designs it is all inclusive (materials, services, taxes and insurance) from beginning to end. In cases where scaffolding, scissor lifts, or other equipment need to be rented, there will be an additional cost, but it will not be a surprise. We’ll let you know. Jobs over a 20 mile radius outside of 90047 Los Angeles will incur a nominal travel fee.
To begin the design process a design fee is due. Once the mural design has met your approval, a payment of 50% of the balance for the project is due, we sign the contract and book the project dates. Upon completion of the mural, the client will pay the remaining balance for the project.
HOW MUCH DOES A PORTRAIT MURAL COST?
Our murals are completely custom. The cost of your mural depends on the following factors:
- amount of detail
- wall texture
- scaffolding needs
- and other variables, such as ceilings and stairs
- materials needed
- shipping costs
The cost is usually discussed at the first consultation so the design can fit your budget. Generally speaking, an average 12' x 9' wall mural vary in cost depending on complexity and time.
HOW DO I COMMISSION A PORTRAIT? WHAT'S THE COST?
Selfies come and go, but a portrait will be cherished for generations. Your oil-painted portrait is more than just a likeness; it's developed to draw the viewer in and truly capture the essence of the subject. Our Lead Artist, will collaborate with you to accommodate your vision and tell your story.
Portrait fees vary in price. The price is based on the size of the painting, how much of the subject is depicted, number of people or pets in the piece, and the complexity of the clothing, props and background.
Travel expenses, framing costs and shipping are additional costs. A one third, non-refundable deposit is required upon the signing of the contract. A second payment of one third is due upon approval of the preliminary design and color study. The balance is due upon approval of the final portrait.
Vivache Designs specializes in the following:
- New Baby Portrait
- Pets Portrait
- Wedding Portrait
- Honorary Portrait
- Memorial Portrait
- Celebrity Portrait
- Individual Portrait
- Family Portrait
- Profession Portrait
- To begin, send a message to us and let us know you're interested in having a portrait painted. Mention the size of the painting you want, how much of the subject is to be depicted (head & shoulders, half length, three-quarter length, full length), the number of people or pets in the piece, and the complexity of the clothing, props and background.
- We will respond with an estimate for your portrait. Upon approval, we will schedule a meeting with you.
- During your meeting, we will compose the design for the portrait, do some renderings and take photos. This session typically takes between one to three hours, depending. Once approved, a one third, non-refundable deposit is required upon the signing of the contract.
- Next, we will compose a preliminary design and color scheme for the portrait. A second payment of one third is due upon approval.
- The final painting will take anywhere from one week to a couple months, depending on the size, detail and availability. We are happy to work with your schedule.
- Once completed, we will send images of the portrait for your approval. Minor adjustments are no extra charge. Larger changes that require more than five hours will incur an added cost at $100/hour.
- Once approved, We will personally deliver the portrait within 50 miles of Los Angeles. The balance will be due upon arrival. For long distance clients, We will have the artwork sent through an insured carrier. The client is responsible for the delivery costs. The balance and delivery cost are due before shipping. Paypal is accepted.
Call 1-866-568-7257 for Portrait Pricing
Each additional portrait or figure on the same canvas is an additional 50%.
Backgrounds are typically less detailed than the portrait. For a more highly detailed background, add 50% to the portrait cost.
Any possible travel costs are added for projects 50 miles outside Los Angeles.
Shipping charges for projects 50 miles outside Los Angeles are not included, and will be added accordingly.
Framing is not included. However, Jeanine is happy to take care of framing for an additional $100 fee, plus the cost of the frame.
WHAT TYPES OF PAYMENT DO YOU ACCEPT?
We can take checks, cash, and major credit cards (Visa and MC).
We value your time as well as ours. 50% of the contract is due at signing, which includes preliminary sketch/design mock-up with one reiteration a 50% deposit is required to schedule your job. Once your artwork is completed and you're 100% happy, we will collect the remaining 50%.
A 50%, non-refundable deposit for your portrait is required upon the signing of the contract and the preliminary design and color study begins. The balance is due upon approval of the final portrait.
We look forward to hearing more about your mural project, so give us a call and we can further assist you with your wall mural project.